Get the Best Social Media Strategy for Your Brand
Social media is great for marketing your brand. Marketing is defined as creating, communicating and delivering offerings that have value to customers. Social media platforms make it easy to create brand awareness and increase brand visibility. It is the perfect medium for direct and real-time engagement with your existing and potential customers.
Having the right social media strategy is crucial, as social media allows you to communicate with your target audience and build relationships with them on a personal and immediate basis. Basically, there are no room for errors and no time to backtrack if you make a wrong move. This is also a positive: You can reach your customers where they are; any time, all the time.
If you’re still not convinced, think about this: If your competitors are reaching your customers on their preferred social media platform, they are engaging with them, driving their brand and gaining the advantage. As one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, with a projected annual growth of 25% over the next five years, social media is everywhere. You need to make sure you don’t get left behind.
Social media marketing is the process of reaching prospects and customers, and acquiring traffic and visibility through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and many others. By utilizing the social aspect of the web, social media marketing is able to connect and interact on a much more personalized and dynamic level than through traditional marketing.
There are many social media platforms, so the first step in forming your social media strategy is to make sure you choose the right ones for your audience. Different demographics prefer different social media platforms, e.g. while Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram are more popular among the younger age demographics; Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn have a larger following in older age demographics.
Ask yourself the following:
- Who is your target audience? If you don’t know who your customers are, you won’t know which social media platform to use to reach them.
- What are your customers’ needs? You need to know what your customers are looking for and what pain points they are experiencing so that you can structure your solution and present it in a manner best suited to social media.
- What are your goals? You need to set targets and know what you want to achieve via social media marketing, e.g. collect leads, test new ideas, build customer loyalty.
- Which social media platform are you going to use? Once you know where your customers are and how you are going to package your solution, you can decide on the best social media platform with the best possible reach.
- How are you going to measure success? Obviously you need ROI, but how are you planning to measure it? Look at your goals and be realistic – remember that social media marketing is about brand building, awareness and communication; and might be difficult to measure in rands and cents.
Having a social media strategy is way more important than simply being on social media – not having a social media strategy is like driving a car without knowing where you come from, where you’re going and where you are right now.