Social Media Marketing: It’s All About Strategy
There are many different social media platforms and social media marketing has become a buzzword over the last couple of years. Thanks to the rise in social media use, more and more people are using these platforms, which has created a rich challenge to marketing teams: Finally, they have an immediate platform of engagement with potential customers, but yet there are no prescribed ways to engage them. So close and yet so far!
The stats say it all: Pretty much three quarters of adult internet users use social media as part of their marketing strategy, while more than half of buyers use social media sites when researching which products to buy. In fact, further studies have shown that more than 90% of marketers classify social media as an integral part of their marketing strategy.
Social media marketing is the process of reaching prospects and customers, and acquiring traffic and visibility through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and many others. By utilizing the social aspect of the web, social media marketing is able to connect and interact on a much more personalized and dynamic level than through traditional marketing.
The point is that in order to stand out from the crowd, you need a killer content strategy when it comes to social media marketing. And here’s how:
- Have a clear, well maintained definition of your target audience to ensure that you use your resources optimally.
- Pick the right social media platform – certain demographics prefer certain social media platforms, so it’s crucial to know where your potential customers can be found and focus on those social media channels.
- Engage, engage, engage – once people feel they have a personal connection to you, they are far more likely to establish a long-term relationship with your brand.
- Compile a content portfolio that shows potential customers why you are the preferred option. Apart from word-of-mouth, few things are as convincing as a proven track record.
- Research the persona of your potential and existing customers to engage with them on a personal level and build strong consumer ties.
- Identify influencers in the relevant industry and align your brand with theirs – this creates familiarity and a sense of credibility, which encourages future and sustained business.
- Monitor your competitors’ social media accounts to ensure that you stay ahead of the game instead of falling behind.
Follow these simple guidelines when establishing your brand’s social media marketing strategy and you’ll be on your way to establishing a great brand presence.