Infographics are everywhere and with good reason: it’s a great way to convey a large amount of crucial, relevant information in an easy-to-digest size and format.
But why are infographics so effective?
- Infographics cater for the general short attention span of most people. According to research, information communicated through images are far more likely to be remembered, so delivering your brand’s message in pictures makes it much likelier that people will remember the message and be responsive.
- People like stories. If you share your brand message in conventional terms, you’re guaranteed to lose the audience’s attention sooner rather than later. Structure it in a format to which they are instinctively attracted, and you have a sure-fire success on your hands.
- Because infographics are so damn likable and people are so much more likely to share them, you have a greater organic reach and an immediate favourable impression on new prospective leads.
An infographic is a visual representation of information designed to make the data easily understandable at a glance. People use infographics to quickly communicate a message, to simplify the presentation of large amounts of data, to see data patterns and relationships, and to monitor changes in variables over time.
- Infographics have an energy of their own that will encourage other sites to use them and establish backlinks.
- It increases organic traffic as users notice that you make it easy for them to understand the brand message and spread the word.
- Because infographics are so easy to interpret, interpret and remember; everyone who sees the infographic will share it more quickly, because social media users and bloggers get something to chat about.
- Statistics and graphs by nature carry more authority: Use this to your advantage by sharing your brand message in figures and statistics instead of marketing-like wording like your competitors do.
- Infographics get to the point without wasting any time. It is literally a case of “what you see is what you get”. Users appreciates this brevity in general and will not only develop respect for your bran, but also trust.